Sending your car for annual inspection is a must for people in Singapore. These vehicle inspections are extremely important for the safety of everyone driving and travelling in the vehicle. During a car inspection, the headlights, brakes, exhaust system, brake lights and several other systems are checked to ensure that they are in the proper working condition. If the vehicle does not pass the test, the systems that failed are supposed to be replaced. This can be very expensive depending on the parts that need to be replaced. Once the parts and repairs have been done, the car will be allowed back to the road. Here are 5 important tips before sending your car for inspection.
1. Check your high beams, tail lights, stop lights, and headlights. Also be sure to evaluate the blinkers, license plates and reverse lights. If you find that any of these lights is not working, then be sure to get a replacement. Annual inspections will require your blinkers and lights to be in proper working condition. No matter where such replacement parts come from, the vehicle will be allowed back to the road if they are able to solve the problem. You will be able to purchase brand new spare parts or you may want to go for used parts that are available online or in local salvage yards.
2. You may want to replace the parts yourself before sending your car for inspection, which will end up saving you a considerable amount of money. You may also want to take the spare parts to the car body shops. Spare parts can also be costly if you decide to buy new ones. Brand new auto parts might take some days to arrive, which means that you will not be able to use your car for a few more days.
3. Change the oil filter. It is important to ensure that you are also using either synthetic oil or a synthetic blend. Keep in mind that the purpose of a car inspection is to ensure that the car passes the various tests. In order to minimize the toxic chemicals that are released into the atmosphere, vehicle exhaust systems should follow certain rules. An oxygen sensor should also be put in place. With advancements in technology, cars are not emitting fewer chemicals than ever this has assisted in the reduction of harmful chemicals that are released into the atmosphere. Air filters that also prevent the harmful chemicals from getting inside the vehicle should also be in the right condition before the vehicle passes the various inspection tests. Changing the air filter will also allow your engine to breathe much easier and provide you with cleaner ignition systems.
4. Check the car tires to ensure that they are not worn out and that there are no cracks. If the tires look bad, then you should replace them before taking your car for inspection. Worn tires will usually cause car inspections tests to fail.
5. Lastly, assess the windshield wipers to make sure they are in good condition. They should not be cracked or falling apart. Turn the wipers around and ensure they are in proper working condition. A good car inspection will be able to check this.
Others parts such as performance parts, shocks, cool air regulators and mufflers should also be checked. It is important to take proper care of your vehicle by ensuring all worn out parts are replaced. This will eventually save you a significant amount of money. You also need to purchase vehicle covers in case you don’t own a garage in your home. Too much dust and rust will affect the results of your cart inspection. Other car accessories should also be checked to ensure they don’t affect your car inspection results.
Once your vehicle has passed the necessary car inspection test, you will be able to use your car for the next one year with no worries. You also want to have any other replacements and repairs done to our car, you will need to do so to avoid paying more during the car inspection. A basic vehicle inspection can be costly, so you don’t want to break the bank to have your car repaired during the inspection. by following these tips, you can save time and money during your car inspection.